New system preference in 18.11 AdditionalFieldsInZ3950ResultSearch
Specify MARC Fields in your z39.50 server
Now you can specify MARC fields in your z39.50 search. The new system preference AdditionalFieldsInZ3950ResultSearch. This new system preference allows you to display the MARC field/subfields
in the 'Additional fields' column of Z39.50 search results.
In this tutorial video Kelly and Jessie will show you how to set up the system preference and search for your titles with the fields present.
Steps to set up the preference
- Go to Administration › Global System Preferences
- Search for AdditionalFieldsInZ3950ResultSearch
- You will enter the marc fields and subfields in the text box
- For example 336,337,338 for RDA information
- For example 082$a, 090$ab or call number information
- you can use single or multiple subfields
- use the $ then subfields
Click Save All Cataloging preferences.
Searching for records
- Go to Cataloging and click on New Z39.50/SRU
- Search for your item
- Your search results will now include a new column titles additional fields
Read more by Jessie Zairo